What is a Dental Hygienist?
Dental hygienists are a valuable part of any dental team.
Some of their jobs include:
Back to top
- Performing oral health assessments
- Providing nutritional counseling and self-care programs to prevent disease
- Examining head, neck, and oral regions for disease
- Taking and processes x-rays and performs other diagnostic tests
- Providing services that help patients prevent gum diseases and cavities; examples include removing deposits from teeth and applying sealants and fluoride to prevent decay